Alongside a highly-rewarding new job role, there are a wide variety of benefits for those working at Northampton College.
We offer career-average pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) - a career-average pension scheme with benefits payable on 1/49th of pensionable pay. The employee contribution rate will depend on actual pay and will be between 5.5% and 12.5%, with the College contributing an additional 25.2%. The scheme offers many benefits such as the flexibility to pay more or less, alternative retirement options and protection for your family. Find out more at westnorthants.gov.uk.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TP) - a career average scheme (since 1 April 2015). Pension benefits are currently payable on 1/60th of average pay (for members who joined on or after 1 January 2007) and employee contribution rates are currently between 7.4% and 11.7% of full-time equivalent salary, with the College contributing an additional 23.68%. The scheme offers a variety of benefits including options to purchase additional pension, protection for your family and alternative retirement options. Find out more at www.teacherspensions.co.uk.
We offer generous holiday schemes, with holiday entitlement ranging from 24 to 42 days per year (dependent on role) plus bank holidays and a Christmas closure period.
Facilities and services
Staff are welcome to take advantage of college facilities and access employee services, including:
- Discounted hairdressing and beauty therapy treatments in our training salons (The Salon NC)
- Multi gym and sports hall
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme, offering a confidential phone line, a website and a downloadable app
- Free parking and access to electric vehicle charging
- Access to the College's Wellbeing Hub
- The right to request flexible working as a day one right for all employees
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Generous sick pay and compassionate leave scheme
- Discounts through membership of the NUS - ranging from Student Prime to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment and more.