Thinking about becoming a teacher at one of the leading colleges in the country? No matter your starting point, we will provide you with the training and support you may need on this exciting new journey.
Why consider teaching at Northampton College?
Here are our top five reasons to get into teaching:
- No teaching experience required - you don’t need any previous experience of working as a qualified teacher/trainer as you will be able to study for teaching or training and assessor qualifications, which the College will fund.
- Become a ‘Dual Professional’ - by joining the College straight from industry and training to become a teacher, you will have status as a ‘dual professional’, which will enhancing your career prospects, as well as the experience and outcomes of our students.
- Revitalise your career - becoming a teacher could offer you a fresh and exciting new perspective on your career, enabling you to build on or develop new skills and open the door to new opportunities.
- Flexible working - Although the work can be demanding, there are opportunities to choose between working full-time, part-time, evenings and potentially Saturdays.
- Inspire the next generation - If you’re ready to share your knowledge, escape the 9-5 and do something more worthwhile, becoming a teacher will be perfect for you.
Teacher training qualifications
We take pride in giving our students access to teaching from experts in their chosen profession – so if you’re looking to become a teacher straight from industry, the College will provide you with on-the-job teacher training.
Within our supportive environment, we will guide you to achieve success, and fund any qualifications, support and training required.