An Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training scheme allowing employees to gain qualifications whilst they work.
Apprenticeships are a highly effective way for you to invest in current and future employees while addressing the skills shortages within your industry.
We offer apprenticeships across a number of key sectors, from Level 2 up to Level 5, and supported over 400 apprentices in over 350 local businesses during the last academic year. Each qualification is designed with the support of employers, equipping young employees with skills that will evolve with the needs of your industry.
From their very first day as an apprentice, learners are immediately able to apply the skills they have learned to their day-to-day duties – allowing you to rapidly upskill in the areas you need to most.
Offering employees the opportunity to gain qualifications while they work also demonstrates your commitment to training and retaining the most driven, forward-thinking young talent, and with 94% of apprentices gaining a promotion after completing an apprenticeship with us, our results speak for themselves.
To get you started on your journey with an apprentice, we’re pleased to offer an apprenticeship recruitment service, including:
- A free, no obligation review of your training requirements - where our Business Centre advisors will help you decide on the best apprenticeship for your team.
- Apprenticeship matching service – we carefully look through our database of current and former students to find the perfect fit for you, pairing their skillset with the needs of your business.
- Advertising vacancies – we can advertise any apprenticeship vacancies you have, free of charge.
Already have someone in mind?
You must ensure that anyone you would like to hire as an apprentice meets our apprenticeship entry requirements before we can get started:
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Standard - Minimum of grade 3 in GCSE maths AND English or Level 1 Functional Skills (or equivalent)
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Standard - Minimum of grade 4 in GCSE maths AND English or Level 2 Functional Skills (or equivalent)
If they do, please call 01604 734323 to find out more about your next steps.
- Useful links