Northampton College is proud to be one of the top 10 best-performing colleges in the country.
Data released as part of the latest 2018/19 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART) shows Northampton College is placed 7th out of almost 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year-old education and training.
The rating cements our position as the leading provider of Further Education in the region, South East and among the very best in the whole country, thanks to a continued and determined focus on ensuring each individual student reaches their full potential.
96 per cent of Northampton College students pass their course, coming out as the best college in the South East Midlands region for timely achievement at level 1, 2 and 3. Performance in maths and English is also comfortably above the national average, with the college ranked in 13th position for maths and 18th position for English.
Northampton College is officially rated by Ofsted as ‘Good with Outstanding features’ – with a £4.75million Advanced Construction Engineering Centre and a state-of-the-art Digital Academy both at Booth Lane.
*16-18 timely student achievement rate.
Source: DfE National Achievement Rate Tables 2018/19
What have we done to achieve this?
- Focus on each student as an individual
- Outstanding support for students, backed up by Ofsted:
- "Staff are committed to ensuring students reach their full potential."
- As a result, students make good progress in developing their confidence, self-esteem and skills for work. “Teachers and support staff work very well together to support students in lessons. They provide highly effective support that is proportionate to students’ needs."
- All college staff have embraced an ethos of support for students which means there are negligible gaps in performance between different groups of students. “Students value highly the support for learning they receive both in and out of lessons.” (Ofsted)
- Very effective target setting and progress monitoring to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students, particularly those aged 16-18.
- Rapid and specific intervention to bridge gaps
- Whole college mentoring and support
- High expectations of what our students can achieve
- Inspirational teaching, learning and assessment practice
- High overall pass rates for 96% of students
- A credible record for GCSE English and maths with pass rates of 96.2% and 96.8% respectively - 4% above the national average.